Solar power has grown in popularity from a demand for sustainable energy. More efficient panels has lead to a drop in costs for PV cells.
Roof Size & System Size
The solar panel power output of solar panels ranges from 225 watts to 350 watts. A 10-panel system is ample for a 1-2 bedroom household. It can save up to, and over, half of a household’s energy usage!
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Solar Panel Systems
Due to increasing electricity bills, there are many advantages for solar panel installation, making it a good long-term investment. Converting to solar power is easier with Green Deal (a government-funded scheme announced July 2020, available for 1 year from September 2020). Other advantages are:
- Save half or more of household energy bills.
- Environmental benefits – No ongoing harmful emissions.
- Reduces Greenhouse gases (GHGs).
- Moving from fossil fuel to a carbon-neutral footprint.
- Installation and solar panel maintenance have become cheaper, adding to further savings.
- Consistent care will enable your solar panels to last for up to 25-30 years.
The production of PV panels can indirectly affect the environment. Nevertheless, solar energy pollutes far less than any other energy source. Other disadvantages are:
- Cost of solar panel installation can put some people off moving to solar power. However, it can be partly or fully offset with the government’s Green Deal scheme, as stated above.
- Sun hours decrease in winter. A way of managing this is to purchase a solar battery to store power.
- Pigeons and pests nesting underneath panels. This can be addressed by pigeon proofing your panels.
When considering having a solar system installed, there are options for exactly what you want, at a cost you can afford. An exceptional example of high quality and affordable pricing is: directsolarcare.co.uk/contact/
Whether or not solar power interests you, uses are found every day for solar energy and places where it can be applied.
In this humble blogger’s opinion, the advantages of solar energy on a domestic level far outweigh the negatives and solar power will be a big part of shaping the future and how we live.